Divorce guidance you can count on
Divorce is never easy for anyone in the family. But with the information and guidance in Nolo’s Essential Guide to Divorce
, you can make the process as simple, inexpensive, and conflict-free as possible.
With compassion and expertise, family law attorney Emily Doskow explains how to make divorce less painful by helping you:
- understand the divorce process
- minimize day-to-day conflict with your spouse
- work with lawyers or mediators without breaking the bank
- avoid costly, exhausting court battles, and
- stay calm and make good decisions.
You’ll learn about your legal rights and options and how to tackle the tough issues, including:
- child support
- child custody
- dividing property, including pensions and real estate, and
- drafting a marital settlement agreement.
The 6th edition is completely updated with the latest state rules on divorce.